Wednesday 6 November 2013

Eeeek of excitement!

Well again it has been too long since I last wrote. But I have been really busy creating new characters, ideas and making hand made Christmice cards, Yes Christmice! pop over to my Facebook page for a look...
https://www.facebook.com/emmagrahampics

I have been working part time in the local primary school as a teaching assistant for year one/two. Hard work, but their minds are like little sponges for information and their creativity and imagination is inspiring. I have also been help run the after school art club and their ideas are great fun, so good to see them leave with new ideas and inspiration.

Also a few exciting things coming my way. I have been asked to do two lectures about children's illustration, so I'm working out 'lesson plans' and ideas at the mo. They are for evening classes at The Ipswich Art School...
http://www.cimuseums.org.uk/whats-on/2014/02/27/illustrating-taster-classes

I have also been asked to exhibit some pieces of work for an exhibition also at the Art School, for an exhibition on children's illustration, focusing on fairytales, right up my street! At the meeting this afternoon the curator looked through my folio and chose pieces she would like to show, but I have also decided to produce a piece especially for the exhibition, one that I have had in mind for quite some time, I will show you all soon the work in progress. But for now this is just one of the pieces that will be on show....

But what has made my day is who else will be exhibiting work, Nick Butterworth (Percy the Park Keeper and many more), Mick Inkpen (Kipper, Jasper and so many more) Margaret Tempest (Little Grey Rabbit and Fuzzypeg) plus many more. Showing sketch books, published items and originals. There will also be other local (Essex and Suffolk) illustrators exhibiting. I will let you know more details when I have them, but for now I need to get my head down and draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment